My role as your doula is to:
- Provide you and your partner with evidence-based information so that you can be informed about your decisions
- Support you and your partner in those decisions
- Provide emotional support to you before, during, and after labor
- Provide physical support to you and your partner during labor by suggesting and implementing a variety of comfort measures
As a doula, I will not:
- Perform medical tasks
- Give medical advice
- Make decisions for you
- Pressure you into making a particular choice
- Take over the partner’s role
- 1 preliminary meeting with the mother and partner to determine whether we would be a good fit (no cost)
- 2 prenatal meetings to get to know each other and discuss your birth preferences. The birth partner will attend these meetings as well.
- On-call availability beginning at 38 weeks of pregnancy
- Unlimited availability via text/emails/phone calls at any time during your pregnancy
- Labor support at your home and/or hospital or birth center
- One in-home postpartum visit to discuss your birth, help with breastfeeding or answer questions about infant care
I do have a backup doula just in case there is an emergency and I am unable to make it to your birth. However, the chances of needing to use her are very low.
My fee is $600, which includes a $200 down payment. The down payment is due after the preliminary meeting, if you decide that we are a good fit. This will lock in your due date on the calendar. The remaining $400 shall be paid in its entirety by 36 weeks of pregnancy.